Thursday, November 19, 2009

SnagIt Screen Capture

You well might wonder why I would put a screen capture software post on my llama blog, but let me show you why. If, like me, you love llamas and are a bit of a tech geek, you are always looking for new ways to showcase your farm, llamas, breeding program. When you divide your life among school, the farm, and the computer, I can think of no better way to comgine all three than with SnagIt. You will want to watch the overview of SnagIt that I provided in the post below (just click the link) and you will begin to see why SnagIt is a great way to promote your business, or in my case, at least right now, my avocation.

I was given an invitation to preview and promote SnagIt Screen Capture, and let me tell you, I like it. Last year, two of my students, Megan Heverly and Mark Attilio used SnagIt to create a composite of the 21st century learning they did for two years in our English classroom. Then, Heverly and Attilio were asked to present at Carbon-Lehigh Intermediate Unit 21 at a CFF Technology Showcase on April 9, 2009. SHS Students Are Tech Savvy was the title of Heverly's blog post, and you can view the video they made with SnagIt and then imported to Vimeo for embeddable code.

IU Video(low quality) from megan heverly on Vimeo.



While SnagIt works on PCs and our school uses Macs, most of us go home, like me, to a PC that I love and use. So, for those of you who use PCs, SnagIt just might be your ticket for a wonderful way to snag your desktop and make your next great video tutorial for your students or just capture daily life in snapshots that you want to showcase differently. For a great quick overview of SnagIt, click this link.






Online tag generator

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment: