Friday, January 7, 2011

A Snow Day and Montana

I was ready to drive the almost hour to school when the no school call came. Nothing beats a snow day when it makes a long weekend, either on the front or back end. And it was such a good day. Spent time with the llamas, played with Allie, rested with the cats flanking me. Mickey stayed home. Winterizing done the night before, I was left with a day to reflect, to blog, to count my blessings, and there are so many.

Criminal Neglect!
Then I went on Facebook and now I am having trouble sleeping. Montana. How can people commit such horror (and not just to animals). Have we lost our conscience? So much for sanctuary. Animals give us unqualified love and what do some people do.



So how can we help? Many ways. Penalties should be imposed. The force of law and animal rights organizations need to vocalize. We need to donate something of us, however small, to help these animals. Brenda Larson Vance pointed me toward AniMeals Missola, and I became a friend.

Sometimes horror is so great that we turn from it; this is one horror we need to face. Fix. Please help, any way you can. The cruelty must end, and as animal lovers and camelid owners, I think we share a greater responsibility to do something. Please help. If you can make a donation, however small, please visit Southeast Llama Rescue.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment