Sunday, May 8, 2011

I remember when...

I know they're my cousins, but which ones?
Can anyone out there remember when b&w was the only choice. Like Henry Ford's dictum, "You can have any color, as long as it's black." Hard to tunnel that far back into our past, but I remember when.... One of my favorite photographs from the past has to be this one from my brother. It's his fifth birthday, and I am thirteen. What a really wonderful childhood I had.

When I was younger and blonde
When I looked at this photograph, at first I didn't recognize myself. It was in the mid-eighties, I'm guessing '83 or '84, when I hosted a shower at our new townhouse for Annie Bodish. It was a lovely time, and the dog in Anne's lap is Scruffy, our neighbors' (and townhouse owners') dog. When you have your heart's desires, memories become meaningful.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment