Friday, July 31, 2009

Shutterbug

My very dear friend, Jennifer Hartman Jensen, is a STAR in many ways, but this post focuses on her as a photographer. She was also part of Discovery Student Adventures' landmark travel launch to Australia. I admire her for MANY reasons, but her photoblog, EVERY DAY IN A PHOTO, following Flickr's 365 Day, is a treasure of carefully-caught images. On my wish list for things I would love to be, at the top would be photographer. But I am a realist; I'll settle for a compliment I got from another fellow DEN friend, who called me a shutterbug. I love it.

At this point, you are probably wondering why I am writing about Jennifer on my llama blog, but there's a point, and I'm getting to it. She would never have taken so clumsy a photo of two elegant girls kushing down in front of a fan. She would have captured the spirit of their faces, the elegance of their (dirty and wet) bodies, and the fan. It would have been a great shot. Me--I'm content to have finally captured them in front of the fan. Every time I get near them, they rise and shine and think feeding time. Jennifer would have captured Rev's wet neck; Rev uses the automatic waterer to take a neck bath, so now I still have to provide water in buckets for drinking.

But about two days ago, and I really do believe it was more luck than brains or skill, I snapped what is for me the perfect photo. Jennifer was the first person I thought of as I was importing the images into iPhoto, and I was so happy. Finally something that reminded me of my mentor. I am far from there, but this image I might just enlarge and enter in the GALA photo contest this year. Wouldn't that be a hoot if it won. I'll keep you posted.







Turbo Tagger

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment