Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Daily Blessings

My favorite prayer book, My Daily Bread, is printed with a Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur, hallmarks of a Catholic text, this one by Father Paone. At under $10 with shipping, it is a wonderful book (works for all faiths, I think) of prayerful reflections that remind me of my daily blessings.

If ever you have lent someone a book that did not find its way back to you, this was that book. Then, years ago in speaking with a parent of one of my students, somehow this social conversation turned to books not returned. You guessed it; this very kind parent bought me the book, and it has been with me ever since. I'd like to think that it makes me a better person.

What it does do is give me a daily dose of thankfulness for the goodness in my life, my family, friends, and yes, my animals.





Turbo Tagger


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment