We added 2 AC window units, and in our trial run, within 35 minutes the temperature dropped 6 degrees. But that was on a cooler day, toward evening, as Michael duly noted. Problem is the barn is big, so how can we best deliver the AC to the girls. Here's the solution, and I think it's way cool. I'll let you know later how it worked.
- Each stall has a large fan.
- We added this HUGE fan on the outside of the stalls.
- We opened the stall doors. Using 1 of the 4 portable fence pieces purchased from Carol Reigh, the guys fastened 2 bungee cords on the left, middle, and right sides.
- The left and right side closures are tight; the middle is looser.
- To enter the stalls, I open the right side 2 bungee cords and move each of them to one of the stall bars. It's a tight squeeze but a safe way to enter.
- There is still enough tension that the girls can't escape, but to be on the safe side, 1 of the 2 right side bungee cords gets reattached to the stall door.
- Finally, to keep the cat out, or at least to discourage her, they used a safe wire on the bottom of the "gate," kept in place with a bottom 2 x 4 and secure quick ties.
Pine Hill Llamas
Buck Hollow Llamas