Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lydia Piper of Gurdy Run Wollen Mill at GALA 2010

Meeting Lydia Piper was an unexpected surprise. I was asked to do a tech setup for her and lucky for me I met the person and the mill I will use for my fiber. Some things are just meant to be. Magical. Lydia and her daughter Megan made a video for the GALA Conference and she shared it with me. "Megan Had A Little Llama" and it is simply priceless. Their own images, music, singing. Priceless.

Gurdy Run Woolen Mill
When Lydia learned to hand spin in 1988, she never dreamed her hobby would lead her and husband John to mill ownership. They live on a small farm and own a variety of natural colored animals. They process all kinds of fibers and blends in their woolen mill. I told Lydia when the after-conference dust settled, I'd be sending my fiber her way.

So much a signature of everyone at this conference, the sharing has been unparalleled. Lydia also shared her PowerPoint presentation. I know you will enjoy both.

No comments:

Post a Comment