Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Greener Grass

Is it just that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence (no grass on either side but does that matter) or that llamas are inherently curious creatures. Or are they capable of attachment and want to be with you, wherever you go. If you are an owner longer than I, you might have the answer. I choose to believe that one of the llamas who owns me would like to be at my side, given the choice. The second is food-driven, a girl who loves playing in the pasture, cavorting. The third is independent, a guard llama and great aunt to the core. It's in her gene pool.

I am slowly learning llama language, the posturing of bodies, stances, and sounds that communicate among them who is alpha from beta or beyond. If there is anything I adore about being a llama mamma, it is sharing the sense of caprice that seems to run in the breed, the way they cavort and telegraph a sense of fun, the joy of daily living, encapsulated in these graceful, agile (well, most of the time) creatures.

When I started to film the girls, a capture-the-moment-very-quickly impulse, I thought of the BrainyFlix - YouTube SAT Video Contest. Just couldn't capitalize quickly enough to follow the contest format. Here's another version of cavort.







Turbo Tagger

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment